We are approaching one of the most amazing times of the year; the light nights, the blue skies returning and brown gradually becomes green.
The signs of growth in Church is totally awe inspiring, it fills each of us with expectancy of the new days that lie ahead.
As a Church we are so thankful to God for all that has been taking place, the incredible signs of growth across the whole Church is so encouraging. For a number of years we have emphasised the potential of a faith filled environment, the possibilities of a Church that desires to praise and the power that comes when we apply the Truth to our lives. After the recent visit of Ps Paul Reid, his opening reflection was, “What a healthy heart & atmosphere!”. We firmly believe the ground is good for growth.
With all this in mind, we invite you to get involved in a week of Prayer & Fasting , Sunday 5th March – Sunday 12th March. We are hoping for well over a 100 people to stand with us at some point during the week. Fasting is defined as, ‘Denying something physical to glorify God and deepen our relationship’. Its not about a diet or habits, its about you personal relationship.
I was recently reminded that our battle is not against flesh and blood but principalities and powers (Eph 6 v 12). Therefore EVERYTHING is spiritual. The focus of our time with God brings about a sharpening of our lives, which equips us with authority for the battle. This equipping can only be formed in the discipline of spending dedicated time with God; after all, we are all called to be disciples of Jesus.
Here are a few ideas to help you with prayer and fasting:
- Replacing a meal time with time spent in your bible, with pen and water.
- Cutting out time spent watching entertainment; finding a quiet place to be quiet before God.
- Getting up that hour earlier to be alone and uninterrupted.
- Removing yourself from Social media forums for a day or two.
- Denying the pleasure of food for a period of time; focusing your attention on God and His word.
Remember it’s not just about what you deny yourself of, but also focusing time to be with God. Any sacrifice should feel a little uncomfortable.
The plan for the week of Prayer & Fasting is:
- Every day we will be sending out a devotional thought and prayer focus to assist you.
- If you have any prayer requests please text or email them in, as we want to stand in faith with you for a Miracle.
- Also, send in answers to prayer that will be a great encouragement to all.
We are believing for people to be set free, lives to be transformed, to see breakthrough in situations and incredible, supernatural favour for Lifehouse.
“With God WE will gain the victory, HE will trample down our enemies”.
PSALM 108 V 13
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for being part of this history making Lifehouse journey. We can all be excited and assured that our best days are ahead of us, because of Jesus.